Saturday, September 30, 2006

Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"

But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

-John 20:24-29

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear BabyBlue,

Good stuff - having a hard time understanding your overall blogging philosophy. Reading the Dylan post below helped a bit. I guess a right wing, low-church Episcopalian, but with some modern hip sensibilities. Ah, the world is hard to understand sometimes. I love Harry Pottery and Dylan, attend a great broad church Episcopal parish in Oregon, and totally don't understand the angst emanting against folks like me from folks like you. It just doesn't make sense. Reminds me of the split in families during the civil war I guess. Anyway, I'll try to check in occasionally - please try to keep the anti-gay rhetoric under control (didn't see any - just being preventive), and keep telling your story. Thanks for listening.

Byron

Dab said...

Baby Blue. I wonder if maybe those that want to understand Jesus and Thomas might find my website (jofj.org) interesting and useful. I tell the story of the Journey of Jesus, from the beginning to His return, from a chronological and geographical perspective. DAB