Thursday, August 17, 2006

When all is said and done

The Episcopal blogophere is not a paticularly encouraging place to fly through this week. In fact, some of the progressive sites have made a dark turn, a very dark turn. I've read some real wild stuff in the past six months, but now there seems to be a revving up of some who are so enraged that even the tin foil hat has been flattened.

As I walked over to Starbucks today, I was plugged into the perverbial iPod. Last night I downloaded some new songs from iTunes and pulled some others out of the iTunes library to created a new playlist called "40 Days of Discernment" (I'll let you know when the iMix goes online). The song that came up as I walked over here was this one, by Robin Mark, from the tribute to CS Lewis CD (click on the headline above for a short mp3 sample). It went straight to the heart.

When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth
Did I live my life for You
When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I've done for love's Reward
Will stand the test of time

Lord Your mercy is so great
That You look beyond our Weakness
And find purest gold in miry clay
Making sinners into saints

I will always sing Your praise
Here on earth and ever after
For You've shown me Heaven's my
True home
When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone

Lord I'll live my life for You

J. Cowan

No comments: