Thursday, May 25, 2006

Activist Bishop storms through Kenya two weeks before ECUSA votes on Windsor Report


All Along the Watchtower posts this at Susan's blog today:

I understand that Bishop John Gladwin is a patron of Changing Attitude and so his visit to Kenya appears to be political. He's not the victim here - he is a political activist. I guess the next step is to have a sit-in at the diocesan offices?

Interesting that he decides to do this two weeks before ECUSA has its General Convention and will vote on the Windsor Report. It's obviously a trip planned to intentionally embarrass the archbishop. How sad.

Again, we see this tactic in American political campaigns, especially by activists. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am to see English bishops behaving like Americans.

aatw

You can click on the link above for the full story.

bb

No comments: